Apply to be an E.A. Morris Fellow
Benefits of being a fellow:
- Mastering new leadership approaches and understanding how to apply them in public and private life.
- Learning the fundamentals of a free society and applying them to solve problems in local communities.
- Appreciating the free exchange of ideas and acknowledging the point of view of those with whom one may disagree.
- Meeting leaders from across the state and the country.
- Acquiring valuable additional life skills.
Benefits to a community:
- Creating a new generation of leaders to address North Carolina’s major challenges.
- Integrating principles of free enterprise and individual liberty into the public debate.
- Strengthening the leadership of non-governmental institutions that can help solve community problems in the state.
- Building relationships that will bring a brighter future to the state and nation.
- Between the ages of 25 and 40.
- Must be a resident of North Carolina and a U.S. citizen.
- Must be willing to complete a special project requiring leadership and innovative thinking on a local level.
- Must be willing to attend all program events associated with the fellowship.
- Must not be the spouse of a current or past Fellow.
How to Apply
Download the Application and Instruction Booklet, and follow the application and submission instructions. The December application deadline and full Fellowship timeline is posted at the end of the Application and Instruction Booklet. Also, feel free to download the handy bookmark and trifold for quick reference or to send to friends.